Wednesday, January 21, 2009

William Woodrow Jones IV

Well, yet another hurdle down in my
pregnancy. Yesterday my good friend Emily Jones, also in her fourth year of medical school, had her baby. We have been pregnant together for the past 7 months, so I have been able to call her when new things that no one tells you will happen to you happen. It has been great fun to share in the experience with her.




Whenever I felt like the impending birth of Lilly was a little too close, there was always a part of me that said..."emily still has not had her baby." As of yesterday that comfort has been traded for a beautiful baby boy.


While we are very happy with his safe arrival, he came one day too late for one of our friends. Despite our best efforts, William did not come on MLK day. Malinda, my other great friend had been in town from Knoxville and we took emily out to dinner long with Anju and Katie P for a spicy induction of mexican food and to celebrate Anju and Emily's birthdays. Although William did not come quick enough, I think we would all like to think that our one last ditch spicy effort had something to do with his safe arrival!


No comments: