Thursday, July 30, 2009

Four months





My apologies for the lack of pictures and posts over the past month. It has been nuts. I will not muse about this past month at this time, since this is meant to be a happy, light and fluffy post. Lilly celebrated 1/3 a year on earth with 2days of fevers! Luckily she perked up enough to pose for her portrait. Check out the dress that Grammy (Blake's mom) smocked. She is AWESOME!

The past month has been one of the most fun months of Lilly's short existence. She started to smile, giggle, screach, and play. She has rolled over from back to front and front to back... ONCE. She now just screams when we try to make her do it again, and without fail, Blake rescues her. No wonder she won't roll over, daddy does it for her :) She plays with her lion and monkey and various other weird animals on the mat my friends Anju and Carol Sue gave her (miss you guys).

She holds her tongue out to catch water in the bathtub the way you or I might try to catch snow. She has definitely learned to prefer her parents if given the option.

As far as sleeping goes, she gets a big fat F. She rarely sleeps more than 3 hours, and even that has become more rare. As you might imagine, this is an unwelcomed habit given the 2 times a week both blake and I pull 30 hour shifts. But we love her nonetheless. Hopefully she will grow out of it before my eyes have permanent circles under them.

It has been the best 4 months ever. I love being a mom, and every day is richer. She is so curious, and it is amazing to watch her discover the world. I used to wish that she would stay little and cuddly so I could always hold and protect her. I thought it would be so sad to watch her grow, but it is just the opposite. Sure I am aware of the passage of time, and how each minute is only here once. (more on that later... therein lies my problem with residency) But what a great joy it is to watch her grow and develop, to smile, and coo. I love my life! I am so blessed. Happy 4 months.

8 comments:

MLS said...

OH my goodness, Lilly is just beautiful!!! Growing and changing so much! What a blessing she is!!
Wish I could see her in person.

Love to ALL of the Bergerons!
Lauren

em said...

She is beautiful...love those sweet cheeks!

amy p said...

i can't believe she's already 4 months old. first...you look beautiful. second...that little lady is so stinkin cute!! love y'all

LC² said...

What a DOLL! Those eyelashes. Sorry about the sleep! Let me know if Luke and I could ever be of any assistance for a date night :)

Ashley said...

She is so stinking cute! Those eyes and those checks....Greer misses his first girlfriend. We will be in town at the end of August, maybe we can get together! We must chat soon!

Mary said...

Oh, I can't stand the cuteness!!! When, oh, when do I get to take a bite of those cheeks?!

Sara W said...

precious little bundle of cuteness! love those eyes.

Anonymous said...

I will just repeat the previous comments, but Lilly really is adorable! Too bad you are sooo busy, her and Dakota need to hang out sometime!