Tuesday, March 17, 2009

cake baking and a big week!


Well, things are progressively moving toward the inevitable. I am due two weeks from Thursday which is crazy. One of the advantages to pregnancy has been my increased craving for sweets. Luckily i have had ample opportunity to bake cakes of late. My favorite is this chocolate layer cake found in the bride
and groom cookbook from WS. I highly recommend it as nothing in there is bad. The other cake pictured is a raspberry cake, which is nice for a spring day, but definitely not as WONDERFUL as the chocolate. I really hope that my ability to pass up cake returns when she comes out :) Both of these cakes start out with a boxed mix and then you add to it. This method of cake baking is definitely my preferred style as it ensures the cake does not become too dry. It also ensures that for the first time ever I am not sad to be taking left overs home... this is sooooooooo dangerous. I really am carrying blake's child!

Monday I found out that I matched in Med/Peds somewhere... hopefully Memphis, otherwise Blake is going to think I did not rank as we discussed and we are going to be heading to counseling, as well as figuring out how to get me out of a contract I have technically already signed. :) Hooray for having a job! Thursday I find out where.

In other news, we had yet another shower, man are we loved, I got my jogging stroller :) and my belly has continued to grow.
\This is the huge view :) The next is the more realistic, but equally large view. (~36w)


This is the long and largely anticipated BOB iron man- mac daddy- jogging stroller. Lilly will be spending much time in this, she just doesn't know it yet. Thanks Aunt Malinda and Aunt Robyn... you two are too much :) I am borderline obsessed with this stroller! (~37w)

This week is crazy. We have events every night! Tonight we have the third annual crawfish bowl.. maybe that spicy food will encourage a little movement towards labor induction. Tomorrow I have my weekly check up and we are getting pedicures in preparation for Saturday's med school prom. Thursday is match, with pretty much a day long party, not to mention the fact that the NCAA basketball tourney starts. I have been known to 1. win my share of pools, and 2. schedule ankle surgery around the date so I could be home for the best 4 days of ball in a row instead of going to high school. ;) Friday we have another picnic, and Saturday, as mentioned before is med school prom. Surely there will be many pics that come from this week.

1 comment:

Ben and Kristen said...

congrats on mr bob! love him!