Saturday, May 16, 2009

Carolina in my mind...

A temporary lack of judgment resulted in Blake and I attending my second ever James Taylor concert. You might say I have come full circle, as my first concert was after I graduated from high school 10 years ago, and now on the brink of graduating from medical school I had the opportunity to enjoy his acoustic mastery once again. James Taylor came to Memphis in May Beale Street Music Festival making it the cheapest ticket you could hope for to see him. This would be well and fine if it did not rain every year... a mess so large that the locals of Memphis ( I suppose that would include me at this point) call it the Beale Street Mud Fest, and rarely to we make the mistake of buying a three day pass because it ineveitably rains 2 of 3 days. This year was no different, but with Grammy in town to watch lilly, there was no way I was going to miss my man, rain or shine. and RAIN it did.
Here we are prepared... or so we thought...
It was a HUGE mess. In fact James even called us out of our minds... happily out of our minds I would argue. Luckily I am into outdoor gear so I had little problem. Though not pictured here, I acutally had on rain pants as well. I remained mostly dry throughout. Blake on the other hand did not fare as well in his crocks!
and this isn't even the worst spot!
I forgot to mention that snoop dog was also there... a minor attraction compared to the man!
We were obviously close... we took these pictures.

The concert was amazing, click the video for a little taste of james live!

1 comment:

Mary said...

JEALOUSY (except for the rain part). Can I also say that I started crying only 3 seconds into the video?