Thursday, April 30, 2009

one month of hormonal delight

1 month photo shoot

1 month stats
weight- 10.8 pounds.. measured by Blake weighing himself and then her with him
head circumference 39.5
Max hours sleeping in a row 5 (once)
Average time between feeding 2.5 hours
Average number of outfits per day - 4
number of pictures- too many to count
animal imitations- lion (when yawning), snake (pretty much all the rest of the time when awake), and kitten (she enjoys purring when sleeping)
baseball games attended- 1
maximum time in stroller- 1.5 hours
cuteness factor- about a million
1 month photo shoot. 4/29/09
Here we are at the baseball game! She is getting started early.
I wish I could adequately qualify all the emotions challenges feelings and joy this last month has brought. As it is, I am not sure I even understand my personal transformation, much less possess the eloquence to describe it. That being said, I am compelled to at least attempt.
What is she looking at? Whatever it is she is intent!
My first month as a mother... wow I can't believe it has been a month. Lillian is growing cuter by the second and I don't want to miss one minute of her life, because, although she is not aware, I am all too aware, that this passes so fast. Currently she does not have a lot of tricks in her arsenal. She is extremely needy, and has slight confusion regarding day and night. She most likely has flash burn from the over 500 pictures taken, and counting, but she does not seem to mind. All in all, she is a great baby. Usually she cries with purpose and if you guess right, she is quickly consoled. While I don't want to wish away precious time, I look forward to the day when she smiles in recognition of her mom... or dad. I spend hours looking at her and think she is the most wonderful thing EVER. WoW, is this really me typing?

From a personal standpoint, I wish I could say that the hormones had subsided. Perhaps they have waned a bit. Now I only cry when there is a stimulus. It does not need to be a strong cause, but at least I can usually give a reason for the waterworks which have invaded my once more stoic existence. I have begun to blame fatigue for my emotional lability, though I fear part of me has forever embraced my heightened sensitivity. Maybe that is a good thing, we shall see.

I continue to stand in awe of God's wonderful creation... and in awe of the fact that I have a daughter that was completely grown inside of me. The past month has been a learning experience and I can't wait to see what will happen in the months ahead. Hopefully I will not be traumatized by the fact that my little girl is growing!

4 comments:

amy p said...

i love your words. i love what God has done through this. and i love you jac! so fun reading and seeing

Stephanie Sabbe said...

yay! found your blog. now I will stalk baby lily on my lunch break. saw her pics on the photographer's website...SO FREAKIN cute...she took pics of my friend's twins also

Sara W said...

love these last two posts. lilly is absolutely beautiful. you are being such a good mommy- i just know it by the way you write about her. i need to meet her. soon. chris is in utah for wilderness medicine, so i may have to come see her without him. :)

LC² said...

I'm so glad I found your blog!!! It is so neat to hear how God has totally transformed your life. What a beautiful family! Miss you all. PS. Jaclyn, you look amazing!!