Saturday, September 5, 2009

friends visit, will turns 1 and look how cute I am




Somehow amidst all the craziness, we have still managed to stay somewhat social. That is not to say really social, since all of my friends are most likely still awaiting return phone calls. I started my ICU rotation last week. I used to like the ICU. It is amazing how much this sweet little girl makes my main goal of the day to get home, not start central lines. To my friends, please know that I am not ignoring just you... i am ignoring everyone. Since starting work, I have really struggled with why am I working and is it worth it. This translates into a lot of uncertainty and a lot of hard days. Usually after those days, I just want to come home and be absorbed in the life of Lilly and Blake. I only have a limited amount of time with them lately so I try not to be on the phone. I still really love you all. I am so sorry, I will emerge from my hermit/borderline depressed state soon (I hope). Or I will quit and emerge indefinitely. Just needed to make my disclaimer. Now for the pics. The reason everyone checks this blog. I am a realist!

Geoff and Ashley Watson were in town for David Holt's wedding. We had a great time at the wedding and the following day they came over with Greer. Greer and Lilly were born about 6 days apart. As you can see they are instant friends, though Lilly has not yet learned that when you are sharing your mat, you cannot roll over your friend.


Will Boman turned 1 year old on 9/4. Today was his birthday. We had a great time watching him eat his cake and run his party. The Bowmans had a swimming pool, ball pit, and a baby moon bounce. While Lilly did not partake, it was fun to watch others. Conner and Caroline, Ryan and Harper were also in tow.



In the meantime we managed to get some great pics in her cute cupcake outfit. I think I will try to be a photographer. Maybe then I can pay back my loans and not do residency! Although I don't think I would like taking pictures of other people as much as I like taking pics of her. Enjoy her cuteness... we sure do!





In other news... Lilly learned how to actually bounce in her jumper instead of just spinning around.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

She is SOOOO cute!!! Anna is jealous that Lilly's hair behaves.

Sara W said...

Bless your heart. I know you want to be home so bad. Press on, girlfriend and seek the Lord's guidance :) Perhaps you just have to suffer a little while until you finish residency. Or perhaps you can indeed quit and become a photographer! :) Love and miss you.

LC² said...

She is ADORABLE. Love the cupcake outfit. I am encouraged by your thoughts. I'm not pregnant yet, but I'm sure I will be calling you once I have one, so remember all the wisdom to pass on!