Wednesday, April 1, 2009

We're Home!





It's Blake. After 3 nights in the hospital, only 2 DAYS!! of pain medication for Jaclyn (after a major abdominal surgery), and an overwhelming generous and loving group of family and friends, we made it home this afternoon. We got Lilly loaded in her car seat, which she did not seem to mind actually, then got loaded in the car for the first time as a family. The drive home was nice; Lilly did not appreciate the slow driving as evident by her little screams but on the interstate she did great. She was awake the entire drive home! Jaclyn's mom, Ruth Ann had spent the past several days cleaning the house and getting it ready b/c she was going to stay with us for the next week or so, and it looked amazing. We were greeted by a huge stork balloon, a sign over our door and then followed up by a beautiful bouquet of fresh Lillies from my mom, Pam.

I am still trying to fully process what it means to now have a daughter, to be a dad and a husband at the same time. I will probably blog about this in the coming days. I just know that I am blessed infinitely beyond what I deserve. For now...what everyone looks at blogs for anyways...PICTURES!!! I do think she is most beautiful baby ever, and I feel that I have some authority to say that b/c I am a pediatrician.

5 comments:

Sara W said...

She is perfect! Congratulations, mommy and daddy! =)

pjbmomx2 said...

I love you, Lilly!! Love, Grammy

pjbmomx2 said...

I love you, Lilly!!! Love, Grammy

Ben and Kristen said...

that picture of jaclyn and lilly at the top is so great!

Anonymous said...

since you live close to us...let me know when you are ready for visitors. dakota is ready to be friends with lilly!
congratulations again...she is beautiful!