Friday, April 10, 2009

Why I am not a professional photographer!

This is the link that I posted a couple of days ago... I guess about a week now. You can visit her blog at www.ashleighpeak.squarespot.com. Didn't she do an amazing job? I can't wait to see the rest.


After Ashleigh Peak came and took amazing pictures of Lilly, I decided to try my hand at the artistic. I mean really, how hard could it be. My sister had given me a bouquet of huge stargazer lilies when Lilly was born, and I wanted to take some pictures of Lilly with the lilies before they died. Since my sister is very artistic and savvy the pressure was on. If the first picture worked out I was planning to try my luck and take another picture with the lilies the Bergerons had given us. By the way, as an aside, the Bergerons gave us lilies from 1-800-FLOWERS, they came closed up and gave us instructions on how to care for them. These things have been GORGEOUS, so if you are ever planning to send flowers with 1-800-FLOWERS, and can drop some dough, go with the lilies. They are still going strong 1.5 weeks later. OK, enough of that, on to the disaster. So I feel Lilly and get her all relaxed. I take a tip from Ashleigh and use a white back drop. I put Lilly down and go get the flowers. I neglected to take the little pollen things off the lily because I was not planning for her or anyone to touch them. Blake of course had already wanted me to take them off. I said, "no I got it." Well no sooner did I put them down, she morrowed, and there was pollen all over the sheet, me, and Lilly. My newborn looked like a umpa lumpa. The entire side of her body was orange, and wiping it did little to remove the stain!
Tara gave us these lilies the day Lilly was born... they opened beautifully!

These lilies are from the Bergerons.
Disaster number one

and two...

Later in the week, after we gave her a bath and cautiously removed the pollen stems, Lilly was sound asleep again and I went for it a second time, These worked out a little better, but nowhere near as great as Ashleigh's. This further confirms my lack of artistic capabilities even when I try really hard.

No comments: